Providing for more than just the physical needs of our patients…
- $5,000 Sign-on BONUS
- Day shift / 12 hour shifts
Parkview Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation in partnership with Century Rehabilitation, is seeking a personable Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to maintain the standards of Nursing Care and practices within the facility to meet the physical, psychosocial, and rehabilitative needs of our residents. Join us and grow your skills as part of our caring and compassionate multidisciplinary healthcare team that is focused on enriching the lives of our patients every day.
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific developmental factors specific to adult and geriatric residents (i.e., physical, cognitive, and socialization factors) in planning the delivery of care. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary to care for residents with the following needs: therapeutic, neuro and dementia, dialysis, IV therapy, infectious disease, and wound care, if applicable.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with Resident Care Policies and Procedures and ensures the safety and well-being of the residents is maintained.
- Demonstrates expertise in dispensing medications and treatments by all routes as ordered by the Physician within established time frames. Ensures no medications are left unattended.
- Assesses effectiveness and observes for interaction and reaction of medication and treatment. Documents medication and treatment administration in a timely and accurate manner according to Resident Care Policies and Procedures.
- Complies with all State Department codes and requirements regarding nursing care and documentation.
- Additional duties as assigned to follow the Care Plan.
- Current license, in good standing, as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Licensed Vocational Nursing.
- Previous long-term care experience is required.
- Possesses excellent technical assessment, documentation and leadership qualities.
- Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.