Providing for more than just the physical needs of our patients…
***$5,000 Sign-on bonus***
Castro County Nursing and Rehabilitation in partnership with Century Rehabilitation, is seeking personable RN – Weekend Nurse Supervisor to be responsible for the coordination and supervision of the assigned unit and ensure overall plan of care.
Join us and grow your skills as part of our caring and compassionate multidisciplinary healthcare team that is focused on enriching the lives of our patients every day.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary to care for residents with the following needs: therapeutic, neuro and dementia, dialysis, IV therapy, infectious disease, and wound care, if applicable.
- Makes daily rounds of all areas of nursing care under his/her supervision, visiting residents to evaluate immediate physical and emotional condition, to receive comments relating to residents needs and problems, and to implement necessary nursing interventions.
- Demonstrates responsibility on assigned unit for direct resident care including medications and treatments.
- Delegates responsibility to nursing personnel through work assignments, etc. for direct nursing and non-nursing care of residents during the shift.
- Demonstrates responsibility for administration of medications and treatments as prescribed by the attending physician and recording of such in the health record:
- Acts appropriately under the direction of the Assistant Director of Nursing and/or Director of Nursing and acts as an active member of the inter-disciplinary team.
- Follows established philosophy and objectives, policy and procedures of nursing services and contributes to change when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Registered Nursing.
- Previous long-term care experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.